Saturday, January 1, 2011

Time for new beginnings...

January 1, 2011

A time for new beginnings...

...and a new blog.

This is a picture of me & my beloved, taken last evening when we went out for dinner on New Year's Eve.  Son (23) & his girlfriend came with us as did our little Caboose (daughter-13).  Caboose is who took this picture.




I wore this dress on the very first New Year's Eve that my beloved & I were together.  We were both 18 years old at the time & so very much in love.  We wed 4 months later... 10 months after we first met.  We'll be married 35 years this coming April 24th.

I loved this dress the moment I slipped it on, back in 1975.  I love it today just the same.  However, my love for the boy, back then, who bought it for me is very different than my love for the man today.  

I love the man more deeply... more meaningfully... more truly... more unconditionally... more completely... more intimately... more understandingly... more appreciatively... than I could have ever loved the boy who shyly went into The Lady Shop uptown (long ago closed & out-of-business... having gone the way of the uptown itself) & told the clerk that he wanted to buy a dress for his girlfriend.... 

..."and she's about your size".

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you left a comment so that I could find you here. I've been enjoying my visit and I particularly love this post. What a wonderful picture, too.

    ReplyDelete