Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Son-in-love's birthday

It's son-in-love's birthday coming up so I wanted to get his card mailed out today. I wasn't sure what to give him this year because:

#1 - his b/d is so close to Christmas & I pretty much exhausted him his gift suggestion list for that

#2 - 2011 is going to be the Year of Extreme Poverty Frugality around here.

We have a bazillion medical bills we must catch up on (from my major abdominal surgery a year ago & my bat bite with subsequent rabies vaccination series this past summer), a couple charge cards that need to be paid-off, and (2) 15-year-old vehicles that will undoubtedly need some decision-making done about them sometime this year.


I came up with the idea of putting a 2011 Ed Hume Moon Sign Gardening Almanac ($1.79) inside his birthday card envelope, with the free flower seed packet that came with it, and also including a "coupon" for a free overnight babysitting stay for grandbaby. Pete is a stay-at-home husband/daddy so I know he'll really appreciate that, probably more than most son-in-loves. (He also loves to spend time outside, digging in the dirt, like me!)


Rather than simply buying him a Moon Sign Gardening Almanac, I wish we could have bought him the moon itself. But if wishes were horses, beggars would ride... wouldn't they.

1 comment:

  1. Oops, sorry Andrea. I did see the name at the top and thought that was you. Oh well, I usually only make the same mistake once. LOL.

    ReplyDelete