Monday, January 3, 2011

Happiness Journal


I love the idea of making a Happiness Journal for 2011. The folks over at Letters & Journals wrote a blog entry about it & the idea has stuck with me.

It's a quite simple project, actually, and can be as elaborate or as plain as suits a person's personality, I suppose. The object is to start a scrapbook-like journal of things that make us happy in 2011: pictures, articles, quotes, memories from the past, people. Whatever it is that "puts a smile on our face & a warm feeling in our heart".

The whole idea of this puts a smile on my face. Does it yours too?

I'm going to do this. I'll post pictures! :-) If you decide to participate as well, leave a comment here... especially if you blog about it & are going to post pictures as well.

What a bit of happiness, to experience & record, for 2011.




2 comments:

  1. Hi Gladys,

    Thanks for the comment on my blog - how nice of you to visit and for me to find the rugged moose in your blog list! It's amazing how each shiny new year inspires us to do good things, and you are not the first to bring journalling to the forefront. A group among the online rug hooking community have started journalling as well - more about the progress and ideas re their craft. I started a second blog to share my lake pictures with the cottagers who can't be here year round, and the reaction has been very gratifying. Small things do mean a lot. Thanks again for bringing me to visit you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I'm going to try it too. Will help me both appreciate and remember the special, happy moments, no matter how small. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete