Monday, February 14, 2011

How do I love thee...

How do I love thee?
Let me count the ways.



I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach, 
when feeling out of sight for the ends of being and ideal grace.

I love thee to the level of everyday's
most quiet need, by sun and candle light.



I love thee freely, as men strive for right
I love thee purely, as they turn from praise.



I love thee with a passion put to use
in my old griefs and with my childhood's faith.



I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
with my lost saints.

I love thee with the breath,
smiles, tears of all my life!



And if God choose
I shall but love thee better after death.



~Elizabeth Barrett Browning


2 comments:

  1. :) <3 <3 <3 And you deserve a universe more!

    What a pretty post, with the pictures and poem. Enjoyed it very much.

    ReplyDelete