Thursday, February 3, 2011

About 24" give or take...



Another typical storm in our neck of the woods.  We usually get one of these at least once every other year, if not once a year (or more).

All the snow melt, come spring, will be good for the ground water table.  All the big old trees on our land will love it too.  So it's all good.  :-)

Trudging through to fill my birdfeeders.


On the upper left there is the start of the staircase... somewhere under that snow!


I think some big chicken took this picture from the INSIDE of the house (thus the screen showing).


Snowblowers are such a gift from God!!!


The big county snow plow actually got stuck in our driveway.


It was deeper than either of us thought.


I adore the 4 very different seasons on our land... and I love winter.



Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things,
but just look what they do when they stick together.

~Verna M. Kelly

3 comments:

  1. Eating lettuce from my winter garden.....see the Gomboblog.

    My apologies to everyone covered in ice or snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your wonderfully delicious lettuce, Daja. I don't even grow lettuce in the summer time because the critters would get to it before we would. But I love hearing of others being able to grow it successfully.

    The sun has been out the last couple days so that has brightened the spirits of all us snow bunnies. Not that my spirits were ever truly down. You know me... I love winter. We could get 24 more inches tomorrow & it would suit me just fine. But come the middle of April I would like to see it gone & the crocus appearing. :-) It will be... and they will be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the winter...like REAL winter, having grown up in Yuma, Arizona. 24 inches IS a lot though!! My family lives in Erie, PA, and they LOVE snow, and are sad that they have only gotten 67 inches, so far! AND my uncle LOVES his snow blower. :)

    ReplyDelete